Share your stories, your gifts and experiences
Woman are always wondering what they will get out of the Woman Within Weekend and in our community. For those of us who have been to the Weekend and participate in the community, we know the gifts are vast and no one receives exactly the same outcome from the Weekend. The best way for us to tell them about the opportunity is to offer a variety of stories, lessons, gifts. That’s our intention with the Woman Within Testimonials Page in progress.
Now all we need is your voice to those gifts.
Video is preferred because we’ve become a very visually stimulated culture where video is easier to digest than lots of words you need to read through. Here are some guidelines and tips for video-making.
It doesn’t have to be fancy – many phone cameras are great recorders today and have pretty good microphones as well. Or you can use a PC camera.
Tips for recording:
- Well-lit area, if your lighting isn’t great – use nature. Sunlight works great and during just after sunrise or just before sunset, the lighting is best because shadows are softest.
- Listen for background sound – outside can often be challenging unless it’s a windless day or you have an attachable microphone.
- If possible, the camera angle is usually best if pointed down from slightly above your head.
- Take as many takes as you like and be patient – make it fun, which I know can be difficult to do if you aren’t a fan of videoing yourself.
- Don’t worry about editing unless you like to do it. We can also edit on this side.
Sample questions for talking points:
- What gifts you received from your Woman Within Weekend
- How being in the community supports you
- The value of being in circles
- What you receive from staffing
- How your life has changed or what you feel more powerful about now
Send video to the Marketing Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. If the video is to big to send, email and we’ll send you a link to load it to.
Quotes or blog posts:
If you have a short quote or paragraph about your experience, send it to us. We can use great quotes as well for our site and social media.
We are always looking for blog posts as well so if video isn’t your thing, tell us in a story. We’ll share it with everyone and offer a two-sentence byline to the author, and if you would feel safer, we can even post it anonymously.
Example: Asking for What You Want
Send your stories or quotes to the Marketing Director at email@example.com.
Email the Marketing Director for specific questions or concerns.