The Woman Within Weekend® will take you on a journey into yourself.
This is our signature empowerment workshop program.
Through this weekend empowerment journey of self-discovery, you are given the opportunity to reconnect with the part of yourself that intuitively knows what is right for you – your ageless wisdom. Our Woman Within International Weekend offers a series of experiential activities, guided meditations and focused individual and group exercises. These processes have been carefully designed to help women find and access their inner power to support themselves in their daily lives. If you have ever asked yourself ‘How might my life be different?’, our Woman Within Weekend offers you a chance to explore and find answers.
What is the Woman Within Weekend?
It’s designed to help you transform parts of yourself that no longer serve you in your life.
And what isn’t the Woman Within Weekend?
- It’s not like the MKP New Warrior Training. Some of you might know our affiliated organization for men, called MKP. Though you may experience an outcome similar to that of men attending The Mankind Project’s weekend, the Woman Within Weekend is very different – because we’ve learned over decades that women need a different approach to journeying inside themselves.
- It’s not a religious retreat. This journey of discovery into yourself is open to all women and all belief systems. It offers many choices along the way.
- It’s not a spa weekend. There are no massages or yoga classes – and it is not intended for weight loss.
- It’s not therapy – though many women find the Weekend to be therapeutic. Woman Within is comprised of women respectfully supporting other women.
- It’s available in all of our global community regions at different times of the year. Attend in your area or travel to join us elsewhere. All of you are welcome here.
What’s included in my fee?
Your Woman Within Weekend fee includes meals, curriculum materials, and accommodations. Partial Scholarships are available.
What’s the schedule?
The Weekend begins Friday at 6pm and typically ends around Sunday at 4pm. When you register, you will be given details of location to give yourself enough time to travel and arrive ready to embark on your inner journey.
How does the Weekend unfold?
This is a general step-by-step itinerary of the journey offered to you at the Weekend. As women, we go through life with coping strategies and defenses that once served us. They’re like masks that we wear in our lives and they may be so ingrained that they’re difficult to change. The Woman Within Weekend is carefully crafted to offer you a choice to take off some of these ‘masks.’ To allow you to listen to your innermost thoughts, there’s a part of the Weekend during which everyone will be in silence. For the optimal delivery of the program, the Weekend Leader may decide to change the timing of some events on the Weekend.
- BEGINNING | Friday night Register and settle in. Unplug from the everyday world by removing your watch, makeup and jewelry. Meet your group for the Weekend. Begin by reflecting on yourself and your life.
- GOING DEEPER | Saturday morning Feel your emotions and inner conflicts. Touch upon what has brought you to the Weekend.
- TRANSFORMING | Saturday afternoon Take an experiential challenge to embody your authentic self. For instance, you may choose to step into your strength, break through barriers or experience your untapped potential or wisdom.
- FINDING NEWNESS | Saturday night Illuminate a new part of yourself. Be welcomed into the circle of women.
- LETTING GO | Sunday morning Feel losses from your life – and choose to forgive. Recognize your connection to nature, humanity and your innate ability to create what you want in life. See what it’s like to be affirmed as a woman. Express your joy.
- CELEBRATING | Sunday afternoon Take part in a feast of affirmation, laughter and community. Learn about options for continuing your journey. Connect, acknowledge – and return to your life.
Who leads the Woman Within Weekend and what are their credentials?
Woman Within Facilitators, Team Leaders and Weekend Leaders go through hands-on training serving as Weekend staff, typically taking 7 to 10 years. Facilitators are certified by Woman Within International to facilitate different parts of the Weekend. Woman Within Facilitation protocols were created (and are continuously improved) based on feedback from women around the world, over more than 30 years of Woman Within Weekends and workshops. Some Facilitators and Weekend Leaders are also coaches, social workers or therapists in their professional lives, but many are not. To create a circle of support, there are typically more staff members than participants – and all staff have attended the Weekend.
What happens after the Woman Within Weekend?
Soon after the Weekend, you may be able to attend a ceremony to acknowledge you and your fellow participants. You may also be able to keep growing and connecting after your Weekend by attending a Woman Within Circle, hosted by women in your local region in a Woman Within community near you. These Circles meet at different times and places, based on the wishes of their members.
There are also private Facebook groups where you can interact with other women who have completed their weekend. And, see our Next Steps. There are more workshops to attend, like Woman Within Circle Training, Woman Within Staff Training, Woman Within Skills, Woman Within Level 2 and others. You can take part in our leadership training tracks, staff a Woman Within Weekend or volunteer on a board or committee to help Woman Within support more women.
How do I register for the Woman Within Weekend?
Registration is done within each region although you are welcome to participate in any region. Our Contact Us page shows each Woman Within Region.
Or visit our Event Calendar page to see all the Woman Within Circles, Weekends and Workshops schedule worldwide.